Hull City Council has awarded contracts for the delivery of Community Wellbeing Services.

Hull City Council awards Community Wellbeing Service contract

Hull City Council has awarded contracts for the delivery of Community Wellbeing Services across the city.

The Community Wellbeing Service replaces the previous homecare framework and is designed to provide the essential care and support to people and enable them to continue to live in their own homes and communities.

The Community Wellbeing providers will work closely with the person requiring support, along with their families and carers, to identify what support they need to maintain independence, relationships and to be valued and contributing members of their communities. This will offer a much more person-centred approach.

The Community Wellbeing Service will be divided into four geographical areas. Within each area there will be a primary provider who will be expected to deliver 70% of the required care and support and a secondary provider who will deliver the remaining 30%. The contracts will commence on 1 September 2022 for five years with options to extend for up to a further two years.

Tracy Meyerhoff, Director of Adult Social Care at Hull City Council said: “We have worked closely with current and potential suppliers, including people who use services, their families and carers, to ensure that we have developed a community wellbeing service that meets local need and aspirations. Our priority is to support people to live safely and well in their own homes and this new provision with work with people to provide individualised care and support.

“Recruitment and retention of a good quality, local workforce, with the right ethos, values and training is crucial for sustainability going forward. Hull City Council is committed to raising the profile of a career in adult social care and improving the terms and conditions of staff. The new contracts will require all service providers to commit to these same aspirations.”

An aerial view of Great Union Street in Hull and the immediate surroundings, taken from Google Earth
Hearth Family Ltd - King St unit